What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a therapy that treats the feet to balance the whole body. Its main principle is that by massaging and applying pressure to parts of the feet, known as reflex areas, other corresponding and connected areas of the body will feel the benefit.
In reflexology, the feet and hands are like mini maps of the body's anatomy so any body system can be accessed and stimulated by massaging the corresponding area of the foot or hand. The aim is to stimulate the body's own healing processes in order to keep it in balance.
Main Benefits of Reflexology
- Stress and tension relief - It is suggested that approximately 75% of today's diseases are associated to stress and tension. This affects the body systems in many ways and reflexology is of great help to achieve homeostasis (balance) in the body.
- Pain Relief - endorphins secreted by the pituitary gland are also associated with the reduction of pain.
- Detoxification - sluggish reflexes are stimulated, which in turn stimulates the associated organ to "get back to work" and eliminate any toxins.
- Detection of imbalances in the body.
- Acts as a preventative to illness by helping keep the body's systems in balance.
- Increase in an overall feeling of well-being.
Reflexology (Initial Consultation and Treatment) 90min: $130
Reflexology Treatment (60min): $90